What is MPS?
Managed Print Services (MPS) was developed by BMP Print Solutions (BMP) to provide a proven methodology for saving money on annual printing and repair expenditures. This program is a huge asset for companies of all sizes across North Carolina, whether they have 50 or 1,500 printers or multifunction printers (MFPs).
Step One: Discovery
A thorough audit is required to identify and quantify all the direct and indirect costs associated with document output within your organization. BMP gathers data to determine the Total Cost of Ownership for all printers and multifunction printers. We also pinpoint any workflow inefficiencies that negatively impact your employees' productivity.
BMP is able to efficiently collect and analyze large volumes of output-critical information while minimizing disruption to our client's business units. BMP uses leading software Print Audit to accurately capture data about machine usage and output.
The Discovery process includes the following steps:
- Asset Reconciliation - This involves a physical walk-through of the facility to locate and record each output device, its location and current meter reading. Again, you must have an accurate listing of all output devices to ensure that all costs are captured.
- Capture Monthly Usage - In order to identify your true Total Cost of Ownership, it is imperative that you understand your company's total output volume. To accurately gauge the average usage, you should capture the meter reading of each device in your facility a minimum of two separate times. Electronic audit and/or print management software are available to automate this process.
- Determine End User Needs - Schedule meetings with key departmental personnel to identify document workflow and any application-specific needs.
- Determine Total Cost of Ownership - Once you have all of the equipment and volumes recorded, the next step is to determine all costs associated with ownership. Equipment and supply costs are the two most obvious costs. It is important that the following costs are also included in your assessment:
- Maintenance & repair costs.
- Consumable costs.
- Delivery and shipping expenses.
- Supply inventory carrying costs.
- IT/Help Desk support costs.
- Transaction and administrative costs.
The goal of the Discovery process is to determine program goals, machine usage, and the total cost of each printer or multifunction printer. This step is valuable because most organizations struggle to accurately track usage and cost due to de-centralized buying across departments. It also creates a list of all supplies - source, usage, and cost.
Step Two: Solution Optimization
By carefully analyzing the information obtained during the Discovery phase, BMP is able to accurately identify a company's Total Cost of Ownership and inefficiencies in the organization's document-output infrastructure. We then assess alternative workflow scenarios, equipment feature sets, application needs, and page volumes to determine printing solutions that will improve productivity and efficiency, drive cost savings, and yield process improvements.
There are three major factors that must be taken into consideration in order to determine the optimum device solution for your company or organization. It is important to find the right balance between volume (current and forecasted), application, and convenience to discover the optimal solution.
BMP is armed with many different tools and strategies for optimizing output environments, all of which are deployed to address the specific challenges and opportunities of each individual customer. Standardizing the output environment by vendor or equipment type, for example, is just one method that can be used during this step. The benefits typically associated with this tactic include:
- Reduced IT support costs.
- Decreased supply inventory carrying costs.
- Minimization of cross training.
- Increased employee productivity and satisfaction.
- Decreased administrative and invoice processing costs.
Step Three: Management
Managing the initial implementation and on-going execution phase are the most critical. Because the execution of the initiative crosses multiple organizational boundaries, establishing a cross-functional project team (consisting of representatives from all of the major departments or groups impacted by the initiative) will deliver the best results.
Executive-level sponsorship and communication are the keys that will unlock the possibilities of MPS. It is important that the goals and objectives of the initiative are explained to all employees to create buy-in and cooperation needed to achieve program objectives. The Executive Sponsor of the initiative should establish a project team and provide direction during the implementation. Staff training is helpful to reduce employees' natural anxiety to change and to improve productivity by ensuring that all personnel are informed and understand how to best utilize the technology.
From pre-deployment installation planning to post-deployment user training, we manage the entire process. With MPS, your organization can achieve productivity and efficiency improvements while also enjoying the benefits of saving money and driving bottom line profits.
To determine the savings available from MPS for your company or organization, call (336) 272-8355 (x227) to schedule your FREE solutions analysis.